Saturday, April 19, 2014

Mr. Anderson goes to WHQ....

Dear Readers - my apologies for the delay in posting my report about what happened at the meeting on Wednesday.  This is a particularly busy time for me at work, and taking that day to go to Chicago meant focusing on my day job when I got home.  

I have also been wrestling with how to report what happened.  I was unable to change any minds or get them to see that they may be on the wrong track.  Was it a failure on my part that I could not make this opportunity work?  I don't know.  I left the meeting feeling that they were taking me seriously, but yet I still feel somewhat played by them.  I have my report 90% complete, I just need some time to edit and to think about moving forward and working "within the system" so to speak. 

I want to remind those of you that own UAL shares, please do not wait this opportunity to let the Board of Directors know how you feel.  My proposal my not make it on the agenda, but you will definitely have the opportunity to vote "For" or "Against" each Director, including Mr. Smisek.  The Proxy Statement and notices are going to be coming out any day now and if you are not a shareholder of record once those notices go out, you will not have the opportunity to vote.  

Voting is every easy and can be done on-line.  You can vote in advance and still attend the Shareholder's meeting.  If you decide that you want to be able to vote at the meeting, then you must be at the meeting.  Once you make that decision to get your Proxy released to you so that you can cast your vote at the meeting, you cannot change your mind.  If you miss the meeting, then you miss the chance to vote. 

I will get my report from the meeting up soon.  Thanks again for all your support and Thank You for keeping the Skies Friendly...  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for caring!

    United Airlines is a business it is true but it is a SERVICE business in service to its customers.

    How it is possible that management doesn't understand there's not enough advertising in the world that will convince our passengers that we are in business for them and because of them; especially if it is not evident in the product.
    Still that's no longer the question it seems. When (or if) United succeeds with a business model that reflects automation and low cost labor outsourcing and manage to keep its customers, this will be one way United Airlines can become the world's leading air carrier.
    No one ever said "leading" is always positive.

    ReplyDelete